Corona Labs - Jobs
This position is based in the United States.
Join Corona Labs as we reinvent how the world develops software. We are enabling everyone to create world-class apps for phones, tablets, and other connected devices.
Corona SDK is the leading mobile development platform for building #1 cross-platform games, apps and eBooks. Over 150,000 developers use Corona from indies to game studios, from teenagers to octogenarians, from publishers to agencies. Their apps have consistently hit the top of the charts on all 4 major app stores: iTunes, Google Play, NOOK, and Amazon.
As an engineer in Corona’s Core Engineering group, you will work on the Corona engine. The Corona engine powers all of the company’s mobile and desktop software — from Corona SDK/Enterprise to Corona Simulator/Levels — so your work will have a deep and fundamental impact on the company.
You should be a self-starter that thrives in a fast-changing environment and gets things done quickly. You are fearless when it comes to diving into new technologies. A “full stack” view comes naturally to you. You should be able to visualize your design decisions and their impact on our developers.
Like the rest of the Core engineering team, you will manage constant contradictions:
- Your work will cover high-level architectural design as well as actual infrastructure development and feature implementation.
- You set the bar high for the code you write, but know how to take calculated shortcuts that minimize code entropy.
- You have a keen sense for when to figure it out alone and when to solicit answers to critical conceptual questions.
- You have a deep desire to fix things that are broken, but also know when it’s time to move on.
- You are comfortable context switching, seamlessly alternating between delivering great innovative leaps and steady incremental, compounding improvements.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong programming, design, and debugging skills.
- Passion for product quality and attention to details.
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles, tight schedules.
- Cross-platform software development experience. Development experience on runtimes or tools is a plus.
- Experience with C/C++ is required.
- Experience with Objective-C and/or Java is preferred.
- Experience developing on iOS and/or Android is preferred.
- Experience with Lua and/or Lua’s C API is a plus.
- Experience with OpenGL/DirectX is a plus.
- Self-directed with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- BS in computer science or equivalent.
- Optimally based in the Bay Area, California, but not absolutely necessary.
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity for growth with a startup with unlimited potential.
- Ownership and responsibility from day one.
- Competitive salary, benefits, flexible environment.
- A fun, cutting edge, and friendly atmosphere.
Founded in 2008, Corona Labs (formerly Ansca) is a venture-backed company based in Palo Alto. Our team hails from Adobe, Apple, Macromedia, and Microsoft. Last year, Dow Jones named Corona Labs as one of the most innovative startups. The Corona platform empowers developers of all backgrounds to create #1 games, apps, and eBooks for iOS and Android-based devices. In the past 10 months, Corona-based apps have been launched over 1,000,000,000 times.
How to apply
Send an email to: email@example.com with “Core Engineer” in the subject.
Include your resume and tell us why you think you would be perfect for this job.
We look forward to hearing from you!
lua, ios, android, opengl, directx, objective-c, java, c, c++, corona, frameworks, mac, windows